Women in Aviation - Middle East is a nonprofit association dedicated to encouraging women in the Middle East to seek opportunities in the aviation industry. WAI-ME started in 2013 and continues to grow year after year. Our goals are clear and reflect our vision and mission.
At Women in Aviation – Middle East Chapter, our mission is:
- To encourage women in the Middle East to seek empowering career and educational opportunities in aviation and aerospace.
- To provide comprehensive resources and benefits to assist women in their aims to achieve successful careers in aviation.
- To serve as a regional hub for women in the Middle East to converge for assistance and support in aviation.
- To provide a platform where successful women in aviation can support and inspire future aspirants in the aviation sector.
- To empower women to be self-sustaining individuals.
- To assist women in creating and advancing their partnerships with top aviation companies in the region that identify with our mission and vision.
- To challenge negative stereotypes that have formulated with respect to the accomplishments and opportunities available to women in the Middle East.
- To remove barriers that deter women from realizing their potential or that inhibit their growth within their desired occupations and sectors.
- To advance the capacities and leadership skills of both men and women in the aviation industry.
- To provide a platform to bring successful women who have made their mark in the aviation industry to mentor and be a source of inspiration for women aspiring to be a part of the growing aviation sector.
- To empower women to occupy roles as decision makers and leaders in society.
We envision a world in which women’s contributions are celebrated, a world in which women enjoy equal treatment, a world in which women are united.
We are working towards facilitating a social transition that empowers women in all roles they wish to accommodate, especially in the aviation industry.
We hope to provide women with the tools by which they can fulfill their potential.